Welcome!

Welcome to the Root Beer Rundown. Over the last few years, I've had a lot of fun drinking a lot of root beer and posting my root beer reviews for your reading pleasure. Use the tools on the right to see the complete history of my reviews, find all the brews within a given scoring range, or simply search for your favorite brew to see if it's one I've reviewed. I always like to hear what other root beer lovers like and dislike about different brews, so feel free to sound off in the comments of the reviews. I've also provided some links to a few other great root beer resources. Let me know if I've missed any so I can add them to the list. Enjoy the site!

Friday, March 6, 2009

Dad's

Who Made This Stuff? Produced Under the authority of the Dad’s Root Beer Company, LLC Jasper, IN. Bottled by Orca Beverage Soda Works?

Website: www.dadsrootbeer.com

Where’d It Come From? Cost Plus World Market

Review Date: 5/3/08

Commentary: I was excited to try this classic brand when I found it at my local Cost Plus World Market, as I had not seen there on any of my previous trips. I can remember this brand from my childhood, although I honestly can’t say that I drank a lot of it. Anyway, enough of the trip down memory lane… When I poured this one into my frosty mug, it started out with great promise. It produced a decent foamy head, but unfortunately it dissipated pretty quickly – very much like the way the foam dissipates when you pour a certain cola product. It had a little more bite than I expected, but nothing that knocked my socks off. Some of that bite may actually have been due to a little too much carbonation for my taste. I enjoyed this one just fine, but as some of the carbonation fizzled out, the drink became a lot smoother and much more enjoyable. Not a lot of creaminess here, and definitely not too sweet. My mug had a definite Wint-O-Green aroma, but fortunately the taste wasn’t overwhelmed by it. Overall, a decent product – nothing to complain about, but I didn’t feel the need to jump up and dance a little jig when I drank it either. I’ll say……80.

What do you think of Dad's?

No comments:

Post a Comment