Welcome!

Welcome to the Root Beer Rundown. Over the last few years, I've had a lot of fun drinking a lot of root beer and posting my root beer reviews for your reading pleasure. Use the tools on the right to see the complete history of my reviews, find all the brews within a given scoring range, or simply search for your favorite brew to see if it's one I've reviewed. I always like to hear what other root beer lovers like and dislike about different brews, so feel free to sound off in the comments of the reviews. I've also provided some links to a few other great root beer resources. Let me know if I've missed any so I can add them to the list. Enjoy the site!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bulldog


Who Made This Stuff? Orca Beverage Soda Works,

Website: www.bulldogrootbeer.com

Where’d It Come From? Cost Plus World Market

Review Date: 5/6/08

Commentary: Hmmmm. I’m just a little confused. The first time I ever drank this stuff, over a year ago, I thought it was awesome – quite possibly the best I’d ever tasted. It’s been a long time since I last had any. Maybe I was just visiting my local Cost Plus on the wrong days when they were all sold out. When I finally found it there on the shelf again, I was quite happy. This time around, it wasn’t so awesome. It wasn’t bad, just not as good as I remembered. It’s still a really good root beer. I did notice the “Orca Beverage Soda Works” name on the side of the label. I don’t seem to remember that being there the first time around. Maybe a change in production crew/locale has affected the recipe somehow. I know the Dad’s label also mentioned Orca, but these are definitely two different brews. This one is still creamy, but it had another flavor in there that I couldn’t quite place…licorice or something. I think that cost it a few points in the “smoothness” department. Anyway, I’d still recommend this one. Maybe I can get some answers from the folks at Bulldog. Does anyone out there in Root Beer Land know anything about this? As for a score, for now I’m going to give this one a score of………86.

Anyone out there taken Bulldog for a walk lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment