Welcome!

Welcome to the Root Beer Rundown. Over the last few years, I've had a lot of fun drinking a lot of root beer and posting my root beer reviews for your reading pleasure. Use the tools on the right to see the complete history of my reviews, find all the brews within a given scoring range, or simply search for your favorite brew to see if it's one I've reviewed. I always like to hear what other root beer lovers like and dislike about different brews, so feel free to sound off in the comments of the reviews. I've also provided some links to a few other great root beer resources. Let me know if I've missed any so I can add them to the list. Enjoy the site!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Boylan's



Who Made This Stuff? Boylan Bottling Company

Website: www.boylanbottling.com

Where’d It Come From? Cost Plus World Market

Review Date: 5/9/08

Commentary: Ya know what? I really like this root beer. I’d had it before, but it had been a long time so I couldn’t really remember any specifics about it. I had read a few reviews of Boylan’s in the last few days, and a few of them gave this root beer low scores. Everyone gave the bottle high marks though. The bottle really does look great with its throw-back design of raised letters and painted label. When I opened the bottle, there wasn’t a very strong aroma. When poured, it did produce a decent head that managed to stick around a little while. Carbonation was good – the last few sips here in my mug still have a bit of bubble to them even though it has been in there a while. This brew has a decent bite with no weird aftertaste or anything. I think the cane sugar gives it a nice clean feel – no lingering corn-syrupy coating in my mouth after each swig. It’s not real creamy, and not overly sweet. This evening it proved to be a good complement to my two slices of pepperoni and hamburger pizza. In the mug, I can pick up a slight licorice scent when I drink it, but there doesn’t seem to be an overwhelming licorice taste to it. I enjoyed this one, and I intend to drink more the next time I find it on the shelves in the store. Overall, I’d say…..a solid 84.

How about you? Have you tried Boylan's Root Beer or any of their other flavors?

No comments:

Post a Comment